Thursday, November 24, 2011

Truly A Rare Bird: Brand-New Rickenbacker 4003 Bass

No kidding- having a new Rickenbacker bass show up on your loading dock is about as rare as finding a lead singer willing to make an effort.
This is a beautiful 4003 model in JetGlo(um, black) with case included of course. It features the legendary two jack Rick-O-Sound output option, which means you can use one jack and get the standard both pickups on, or use both jacks and send each pickup to a separate amp for a faux stereo effect. The bass also has a push-pull tone knob which gives you either a standard tone or a more treble-y tone("vintage" setting).


I had the 4001 version of this for a while back in the 70's until some rat bastard broke into my place in Wiesbaden and stole it along with some other special items. May he rest in pieces. Anyway, we used to liken the Rick bass tone to a sledgehammer striking a church bell. While it certainly has that tone, in the years since I've seen these beasties put to good use in all kinds of music including funk with slap. This is one classy piece of work!

Holler at me if you want it, free 2-day dropship to lower 48 states. My cel is 615-507-8518.

Visit me here at Sam Ash Nashville when you have the chance. 1647 Gallatin Pike North, Madison TN 37115. 1/2 a mile off I-65 at the Rivergate exit just north of Nashville. My cel is 615 507 8518 or call the store at 615 860 7475 and ask for "Nick in Guitars".




No comments:

Post a Comment